Would you like to expand your current knowledge whilst making a difference to someone's education? Do you consider yourself to be a patient individual, with a flare for learning a variety of new topics? Do you wish you had a fulfilling career with part time, flexible hours?
Then Randstad may just have the perfect role for you...
Randstad Student & Worker Support are looking for reliable and committed individuals to work with students in and around Nantwich to provide specialist notetaking support for students living with disabilities.
Working as a specialist notetaker you will be providing an essential service to students with disabilities whilst having the chance to learn something new everyday. You will be required to attend a variety of lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who struggle to make their own notes due to the challenges associated with living with a disability.
- Flexible working hours
- E-learning and CPD
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata
- £9.50 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus holiday pay
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
- Opportunities to work remotely
Providing note taking support to students living with disabilities/mental health conditions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and legible notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks
- Reviewing notes at the end of the lecture and ensuring that they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- Maintaining a professional role as a note taker and being aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- Acting in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
- Have a full DBS
- Have neat handwriting - able to produce notes in a legible and presentable manner
- Good typing skills - preferable
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
- Degree (Desirable)/ have been enrolled/attended university/college
Successful applicants will be invited to take part in a telephone assessment and also interviewed to discuss suitability for the role.
If you have the above skills and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education please apply now or send a copy of your CV. Alternatively, phone Danni on 0161 200 1930!
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.