Role: Accounts Payable
Contract: 6 months (possibility for extension)
Rate: £11.34 per hour
Location: Welwyn Garden City
- To manage the purchasing of all equipment, services, travel, and accommodation, taking into account procurement considerations and the need to act as a single point of contact for internal staff and external suppliers.
- To manage the payment and receipt of all invoices for Herts and associated BCH units, ensuring accurate invoice analysis and matching, in order to facilitate on-time payments and minimal payment rejection.
- To administer documentary evidence of quotes, purchases, inventories etc., ensuring the force is fully compliant with contract and procurement legislation and internal procedures, particularly around the use of framework agreements.
- To manage daily payment batches through to weekly BACS run of approximately £1.200m, and running appropriate routines, including CIS payment file.
- To update and receipt purchase orders, liaising with internal staff to ensure appropriate matching with supplier invoices, and readiness for timely payments.
- To resolve all supplier and customer queries, ensuring that statement and account balances are fully reconciled, thereby minimising late payments and disputes.
- To handle, count, and bank all seized cash and other income, ensuring accuracy and security at all times, and liaising with other team members in the reconciliation all entries.
- To maintain financial standing data on ABLE eFinancials system, including supplier records, bank details, CIS registrations, and payment terms.
- To onboard new suppliers, liaising with BCH Procurement to ensure proper compliance with contract regulations, liaising with external contacts to provide accurate data, and managing the process up to loading data to eFinancials.
- To scan, capture, and verify invoice images via OCR, verify CIS fields, route images to appropriate staff for coding and authorisation, and manage third-party data capture.
- To carry out all other tasks, including close working with BCH systems administrators and management accounts team, leading on extradition travel arrangements, deputising for other team members, and reconciling cash floats.
- A good understanding and experience of accounts payable, credit control, purchase ordering systems, and other IT systems, together with basic spreadsheet skills.
- Experience in cash handling, reconciliations, and control accounts.
- An appropriate understanding of tendering and contract processes, finance regulations, and audit requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills, flexibility, and self-reliance under pressure.
- Good numerical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, and to tight deadlines.
- An appreciation of sensitive and confidential information, and the importance of personal integrity and diplomacy.
Apply to get your CV in front of the hiring manager!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy....