We are currently recruiting for an Administrator in Newport. This role will be 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday. This assignment will be until the end of March 2022.
To provide an effective and efficient administrative support services.
- To undertake all general administration tasks including the collation and processing of information in respect of systems, procedures or records.
- To support Head of Service, including but not limited to; maintaining diaries, meeting preparation and arrangements, acting as the first point of contact to approaches / enquires for Heads of Services and any other duties as required.
- To update and maintain systems, procedures and records to ensure the effective delivery of service.
- To assist all staff members in problem solving day to day issues that arise from teams and managers and support and assist with new employees and inductions.
- To assist in the provision of performance management information.
- To assist in the development and testing of all IT Systems
- To liaise with internal and external agencies to collate or provide relevant information concerning service users in line with GDPR.
- To facilitate and/or arrange multi agency meetings and team meetings whilst assisting in projects as and when required.
- To attend meetings to take minutes. To include distributing the minutes to relevant parties/agencies within timescales.
- To ensure any statutory checks are completed in line with legal requirements.
- To ensure an adequate supply of office stationery and equipment.
- To support, assist and cover colleagues in the support and delivery to managers within the service area, as requested.
- To process the ordering and receiving of goods and services via agreed methods of procurement.
- To safeguard essential IT equipment and security of data.
- To monitor and issue petty cash payments and accounts, and ensure all relevant documentation is completed following company policies and financial procedures.
- Experience of providing administrative support to a team
- Able to demonstrate good IT skills and experience of using Word, Excel, email and internet within the workplace
- Experience of taking minutes at meetings
Possess excellent written and verbal skills ∙ Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and Senior Management
- Understand and respect the principles of confidentiality
- Be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Be able to organise and priorities your workload in an environment where there are often competing demands.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people tactfully and
- Be able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service
If you feel you are right for the role apply today
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....