Are you experienced in childcare or education? Or maybe you have a support or care worker background?
Do you want to use your skills and experience in a specialist alternative provision with children who have additional needs, while working alongside an experienced staff team who will support and guide you within the classroom setting with the aim to enable you to work independently?
Would you like a new challenge which is extremely rewarding?
We are looking for a small number of SEN Teaching Assistants ready to start the new academic year off with an incredible team in alternative provisions in Oldham from September (potential trial day may be expected from the school before the end of term in June/July).
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about helping pupils increase their knowledge and giving them a positive learning experience. You should have a passion for providing the best learning opportunities for all pupils and create a love of learning in the pupils through enjoyment and reinforcing understanding through innovative and engaging ways while being confident in behavioural management skills.
Ethos and Values:
- Respect each other, the pupils and their families
- Have a meaningful curriculum that is inspiring and enjoyable, promoting achievement for all
- Value commitment, safety, respect, total communication, independence, achievement, courage, enthusiasm, equality and celebration
Requirements for this role are:
- Qualification in relevant subject, e.g. Learning and support in schools, health and social care (not essential yet preferred) or experience working with children or adults with additional needs
- A DBS on the update service (or willing to obtain through Randstad)
- Experience working within a classroom environment (preferred)
- Behaviour management experience
- Be committed to achieving high attainment from pupils
- To support the pupils by understanding their additional requirements to engage and understand curriculum learning
This is an amazing opportunity to work with some fantastic pupils who have the chance to succeed in learning with a holistic approach and progress in their education.
If you believe in yourself and really want to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children. The successful candidate will work in a challenging yet rewarding environment and will be supported by a skilled staff team who will aim your development in the SEN sector.
If you are interested in this role, please click APPLY or if you have any questions feel free to contact Nicola on 0161 200 1904 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org...