you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 23 august 2019,
reference number: CJ324033
Are you looking for a permanent position in Children's Social Work?
Are you looking for flexible working conditions?
Would you like to work for a local authority where you can progress quickly?
Gloucestershire Council is offering a fantastic benefits package and a welcome bonus of up to £3000 for Senior Social Workers and Social Workers interested in positions within Safeguarding or Assessment Teams. They currently have full time/part-time posts available in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, Stroud and Cinderford (Forest of Dean).
* A competitive Salary of up to £38,052 per annum
* Welcome payments of up to £3000
* Relocation packages of up to £8000
* £2000 retention payments
* Manageable caseloads of around 18-20
* Flexible working opportunities
* Smaller teams, allowing greater management support and oversight (ratio of teams is 1:6, meaning 1 team manager to 6 QSWs)
* Further development schemes in place to progress quickly
* Access to a range of training and development opportunities within the social work academy
* Maternity/Adoption & paternity leave
Responsibilities of a social worker in the safeguarding team:
* The Safeguarding Teams ensure that every child has a clear assessment of need, with a plan that sets out how help will be delivered, outcomes to be achieved and arrangements for review
* Children supported in these teams are subject to 'child protection' plans, 'children in need' plans or permanency planning having recently entered care
* Teams in Gloucester operate a Pod model in which smaller, geographically focused teams work together as a multi-agency with embedded partner organisations
* A Social Work Qualification
* 1+ years post-qualifying experience
* HCPC registration
* A passion for achieving the best outcomes for children through direct work
* A creative approach
* Experience of writing assessments and outcome-focused plans with children and families
If you have a friend or colleague you think may be interested in the role above, please pass on our details or 'Refer-a-Friend' through the Randstad Public Services website to be in with a chance of winning £300 in vouchers!
For more information or confidential discussion, please call 0330 0248 775
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.