you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 4 october 2019,
reference number: LAEAAQS
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Permanent Opportunity -Sussex - Diverse project portfolio - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking to join a Contractor with a range of projects from education to residential to MOD?
The Client: Award Winning Main Contractor seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a team of experienced Surveyors with projects consisting of Healthcare, Commercial & Education. You will initially be joining a commercial project in West Sussex to the value of approx. £30 million.
Once complete, you will be moved to a project within Sussex or Surrey consisting of either healthcare or educational or residential.
Position: Seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will primarily be site based reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor. Your duties will include:
* Control subcontract packages from enquiry through to final account.
* Package management and change control.
* Assessment of variations and valuations of subcontractor accounts.
* Authorise placement of contracts, materials and plant orders.
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement, negotiation, invoicing and payment of the supply chain.
* Ideally previous experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor working for a Main Contractor
* Project experience in Commercial, Education or Housing
* HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying
* Highly Organised
* Good negotiation skills
What you will get in return -
* Basic Salary up to £40,000
* Car Allowance or a range of top end company cars
* Internal Progression and training
* Good work life balance
* Fantastic work environment
What to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Lauren on 07920560784 for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.