you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 13 september 2019,
reference number: SQS13092019
Would you be interested in a new Senior Quantity Surveyor opportunity in Sussex?
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 (DOE) + Package
Randstad CPE Contact: Katherine Murrell (Maidstone branch - 01622 357230)
A well known contractor with a diverse portfolio of civil engineering schemes ranging from infrastructure, energy, waste and water.
This opportunity will be perfect for you if you're a Quantity Surveyor looking to work with a well known civils main contractor, who hold an excellent reputation in the region. This role will be office based working on a multiple civil engineering projects.
You will be responsible for:
* Procuring subcontractors, agreeing prices and letting the packages
* Negotiating costs with various parties
* Drawing up contracts
* Monthly reporting
* Compensation events
* Responsible for work package change control and management
* Responsible for project re-measure
* Preparing and agreeing final accounts
What you'll need:
* BSC in Quantity Surveying/Construction
* Proven experience working on civil engineering schemes
* Full working knowledge of ICE, JCT, ECC / NEC type of contracts
* A demonstrated understanding of CVR's and final reports
* Knowledge & understanding of the tendering process
* Procurement experience
What you can expect in return:
* Negotiable salary (DOE)
* Company car / car allowance
* Pension scheme
* Private healthcare (upon passing probation)
* 22 days holiday
What to do now…
If you think this role could be of interest to you at the moment, please click "apply now" and submit your CV for immediate consideration. If this role isn't what you're looking for, we'd still be keen to hear from you so we can discuss other opportunities we have available.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.