you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 24 october 2019,
reference number: SYE
Are you looking for a real challenge working at the forefront of motorsport technology? Does the idea of finding a solution to a complex engineering problem excite you? Do you enjoy a fast paced environment within motorsport? If you are a talented Systems Engineer looking to work in Aerodynamics then we want to hear from you!
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the development of Simulink based Model Motion Control Systems, you will be a key player in creating new systems and improve the quality of existing systems in the wind tunnel. Through the supply chain function you will identify and manage its supplier base both from a strategic and operational support perspective to drive best value in terms of cost, quality and service from suppliers throughout the life cycle of each product.
What will you be responsible for?
* Work with the Systems and Wind Tunnel groups to develop new systems for the tunnel.
* Help other members of the group in developing their understanding of model-based design
* Provide flexible attendance and attitude to work, both in line with the requirements of the role and any specific requirements of the projects.
* Work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and be pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department / team / sponsors.
What experience you will need?
* Industrial experience of Model Based Design using Simulink
* Strong understanding of Matlab/Simulink based Control Systems Design
* Experience of developing physics-based models using Simscape
* Industrial experience of MIL/SIL/PIL/HIL strategies
* Simulink Testing framework
* Deliver timely information and reporting
Do you have additional experience?
* EtherCAT / TwinCat PLC experience
* Source control experience using GIT
* Windows Application development using C# / Python
* Understanding / Use of Diablo Wind Tunnel Control software by Cosworth Electronics
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading motorsport business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will work in a dynamic engineering environment where you will need to be self motivated, work to tight deadlines and have the motivation to go the extra mile to achieve excellence.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.