you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 27 september 2019,
reference number: MJ75438
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager within the Pallet / FMCG industry looking for your next career step?Driven by sales and clients win? Enjoy building relationships? Do you want to work for a global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally?
* Salary £40,000 - £50,000
* Laptop & mobile phone
* Company Car
* Commission structure
* A friendly and competent team, who can support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
You will be responsible for the presence, development and growth in the UK market. As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for implementation of the account specific business plan, achieving account profitability and sales targets, bringing on board and managing own accounts, and for providing key execution. You will also be responsible for all new business in the UK market and increased account profitability and full account support activity.
* Achieve sales target according to defined sales objectives
* To create and identify business opportunities in line with sales strategy
* You will be responsible for the effective generation of new sales leads and the follow-up of new business sales leads allocated to you
* You will be required to generate your own sales leads and take full ownership for new business revenues either by industry research or via already established relationships in order to hit targets
* Expanding all business opportunities into accounts that you have won
* Effective ownership of the setup and management of your account requirements, managing opportunities both initially and on-going
* Support strategies in accordance with overall customer's strategy
* Develop account schedules and deliverables with customers
* Conduct regular reviews of business performance, promotion strategies
* Managing and enforcing invoice to net programming for major accounts
* Forecast, budget and track account revenues and cost
* Manage account's financial support program, business building program and support customer service and operations on supply chain programs
* Visit customers, not just headquarters, also stores.
* Monitors performance of results and promotional plans.
* Manages and optimises investments on customers.
* Ensures reporting both internal and external reporting activity.
* Holding regular meetings with internal stakeholders about key accounts.
* Investigating and resolving queries and issues raised by internal and external stakeholders.
* Taking a proactive approach to account management.
* Arranging meetings with all relevant decision makers
* Holding business reviews to assess opportunities for sales.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development preferably within the Pallet Industry & Container Pooling or FMCG.
* An understanding of sales strategy, target setting, and forecasting
* An ability to effectively implement strategies, monitor category performance versus plan and communicate accordingly.
* Proven ability to work towards and exceed sales targets - must be able to demonstrate this
* Proven ability to generate own leads and convert new business
* Must be able to develop and maximise accounts
* Excellent business retention level
* A good understanding of trade spending effectiveness
* An ability to interface and execute upon account strategy both internally and externally
* Fantastic communication skills
* Good knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and other main office tools.
* University or similar degree preferably in Business.
* MUST HAVE VALID UK DRIVING LICENSE and be willing to commute nationally
If you feel you have got what it takes apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.