you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 30 september 2019,
reference number: SQEN
Are you a Supplier Quality Engineer? Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are on the look out for a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer to join a leading client of ours; it is a fantastic opportunity to be working in the Marine industry and conducting vendor audits and assessments.
Daily duties include:
* Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
* Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
* Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
* Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
* Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
* Maintenance of the Component Quality Plan Database.
* Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
* Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
* Supporting supplier root cause analysis and corrective action planning, as required.
* Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions.
* Collating and evaluating supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
* Acting as Supplier Development Engineer when required, by supporting supplier improvement activities.
* Reporting internally on supplier quality performance.
* A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
* Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
* Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
* An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
* A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
* Commitment to achieving the company's long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
* Willingness to travel in UK and internationally.
Skills and Experience.
* ISO 9001:2015 qualification.
* Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
* In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
* Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
* Metrology, inspection methods and equipment.
* Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Understanding manufacturing processes.
* Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
* Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
* Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification
* IATF 16949:2016 qualification.
* Knowledge of OHSAS18001 / ISO45001.
* Knowledge of ISO14001.
* Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt.
* Lead assessor qualification
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our client's needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.