you are applying for this job:
job type: contract,
date posted: 3 october 2019,
reference number: CJ379280
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and passionate staff nurse to take on a new venture at a nursing home based in Newcastle. The home is close to city centre shops and restaurants. The home is brand new and due to open within the next month specialising in the care of adults with complex needs. We'll look to you to be a hands-on clinical leader that creates a safe and supportive environment for residents with a range of mental and physical needs.
As a staff nurse working in a residential nursing environment you will often be the staff nurse in charge and be responsible for: administrating medication, caring for residents and attending their needs. You will also be responsible for alerting senior management, GPs, hospitals if there is a change to one of the resident's health or you are concerned about anything.
The staff nurse can expect to work either full time or part time hours with the opportunity for overtime. The weekly hours can be, 24, 36, 42 or 48. This can also range between day and night shifts. The salary is: £30,000-£37,500.
Advantages of working as a staff nurse for this client:
* £1500 welcome bonus
* Free uniform
* Free car parking
* 5 weeks holiday
* Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
* Paid enhanced DBS check
* RCN/ CPD e-learning - offers support and training for revalidation
* Rewards - Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
* Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500
* Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
* Free financial advice and assistance
As an experienced staff nurse you will be responsible for:
- Administering medication to residents within the required time scales
- Changing dressings/ assisting care assistants
- Completing daily observations/notes
- Updating care plans
- Using the unit's system to record data and manage appointments for residents
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate:
- An understanding of the role required from a Nurse in a home environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well as part of a team and take the lead when needed.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- NMC registered
- Nursing qualification (RGN)
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have then please contact Sarah on: 0191 233 1381 or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.