you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 17 october 2019,
reference number: TDE1710
Trainee Design Engineer
Are you a budding Design Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity within a large residential company who have a great reputation as an employer?
The team I am working with are a National house builder who delivers new build deluxe properties to a wide range of customers including luxury family homes, townhouses, apartments and cottages with the aspiration of creating places of quality, character and beauty.
The team are committed to quality, style and character and this is reflected in the very high standard of their product.
As a Trainee Design Engineer you will provide support to the wider team in relation to demolition, earthworks, road and sewer works, drainage, groundworks, external works, specialist contractor works, services and other production related activities on a number of allocated housing developments.
Land acquisition stage:
* Support Development Design Engineer during commissioning topographical surveys to be undertaken.
* Undertake site visits with Development Design Engineer and ensure existing manhole logs are completed.
* Support Development Design Engineer during the production of constraints plan.
Detailed Design Stage:
* Support in the production of civil engineering working drawings (S38/220/278/104) including drainage layout, Longitudinal Sections, Setting Out, Plot Drainage, External Works in accordance with company standards.
* Support in the production foundation zoning plans and preliminary 1:50 foundation plans informed by way of Geo-environmental reports, remediation / enabling strategy and internal Development Strategy
* Issue drawings to Development Managers to agreed timescale in order they can issue to all internal Departments.
* Manage Engineering section of the Drawing Register
* Support in the production of standard and site specific details as required.
* Liaise with Site Managers during construction period.
* Liaise with Sub-Consultants and external parties as required.
* Ensure technical content produced is implemented out on site.
* Commission as built topographical surveys
* Support Development Design Engineer and Site Engineer in order the road and sewers are placed on maintenance and subsequently adopted.
The Successful candidate will have:
* Been successful in the Role ONC Civil Engineering and progressing to HNC
* Demonstrable an understanding in highways and drainage design
* Excellent technical and communication skills
* Experience in use of software such as AutoCAD, WinDES and PDS is essential
* Awareness of H&S Legislation and the CDM Regulations
If this sounds like the role for you please apply now with your CV and call Nathan on 01132 345745.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.