you are applying for this job:
job type: contract,
date posted: 18 october 2019,
reference number: MEICA MAN
Start Date: ASAP
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £450 Per Day
With Amp 7 imminent we are now recruiting for senior positions within a Tier 1 contractor in the West midlands area. We are currently recruiting for MEICA Managers to deliver a Thermal Hydrolysis Plant (THP) and BioGas to Grid (BtG) facility.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Whole Life Project Manager, the fundamental requirement of this role is to have a track record of successfully managing Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of the MEICA aspects of complex multi-disciplinary projects. This is a role that starts post feasibility and covers the remainder of the whole project life-cycle. The MEICA Manager will have the following key areas of responsibility:
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ)
* Demonstrating safety excellence by ensuring KPI and KPM measurements are No.1 in the STW region
* Implementing and refreshing initiatives to improve behaviours relating to SHEQ
* Management a team of package managers and co-ordinate the MEICA function through the project life-cycle
* To liaise with designers, suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that equipment is efficiently procured, expedited during manufacture and delivered to site as technically specified
* Timely production of regular reports to senior managers.
* Responsible for input into the overall programme for the MEICA elements of the project
* Management of the formal documentation production for the project including the client's capitalisation process
* Responsible for quality and snag free installation, liaising with the Commissioning Manager
* Reviewing supply chain performance against KPIs and KPMs
* To work alongside all Water staff in the safe and efficient delivery of the project
* Input into Early Contractor Involvement process through site surveys of systems and equipment
* Building and maintaining relationships within the Client organisation, particularly Service Delivery (SD)
* Inputting to reports and other briefings to client management
* Liaison with the STW representatives from Capital Delivery and Commercial (CDC) and SD on an ongoing basis
* Liaison with the STW SAP for the project
* Historical successful experience of THP and/or BtG projects is essential/highly desirable
* Knowledge and experience of the engineering discipline appropriate with the project scope
* Full project cycle commissioning input (from outline design to final commissioning and handover)
* Able to review/comment upon commissioning plans
* Able to review/comment upon commissioning procedures
* Knowledge of the requirements for LV and HV installations within the water industry
* Demonstrated ability to understand the water and waste water treatment processes
* Management of FAT testing and of closing out of defects identified
* Management of Process / MEICA through design refinement and scope change
* Review electrical and/or mechanical schematics, wiring diagrams, FDS documents, P&I documents and instigate required design change as and when necessary
* Liaison with the Commissioning Manager to co-ordinate of project commissioning activities and close liaison with any 3rd party Commissioning Engineer ensuring successful commissioning.
* Manage Process / M&E Design and Scope Changes
* Manage Process / M&E Programme and provide monthly updates to project planners
* Ensure the technical solution delivery is consistent across the project life-cycle from early involvement to completion
* Candidates must have experience with a main contractor working on Water and Waste Water Process Engineering projects within the Water sector
* HND / Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum
* Member of, or working towards chartered status of a relevant professional body
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment, although must be able to self-manage,
* Demonstrate ability to challenge and deliver value engineering solutions
If this is a role you are interested in please upload your CV or call in to speak to Steve Gearing on 01622357230
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.