you are applying for this job:
job type: contract,
date posted: 21 october 2019,
reference number: BBBH24281
Head of Pre-Prep
Required: August 2020
Location: Shanghai, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK curriculum
Salary: Very competitive packages offered
Experience: 2+ years preferred
Sponsorship: Single or married teachers with dependents
Contract: 2 years
School overview: This top level international school is part of a family of UK curriculum schools and combines over 400 years of educational excellence with a modern approach and first-rate facilities. The Shanghai school opened its doors to much fanfare in August 2016 and is a day and boarding school for students aged 2-18.
Students are expected to be fully involved and achieve their best in academic studies, extra-curricular activities and House events. The curriculum of Early Years is based on the EYFS curriculum while Pre-Prep is based on the National Curriculum of England with flavours of the International Primary Curriculum evident. Similarly, Prep, is based on the National Curriculum with the International Middle Years Curriculum influencing curriculum themes and learning approaches. The focus of the Pre-Prep School curricula is IGCSE and A-levels.
Location overview: Living in Shanghai is very exciting. The city is an amazing blend of traditional China and modern living with everything you can imagine on offer and more. It is China's most Westernised city, and the most comfortable one for expatriates. Shanghai is also exceptionally well placed to explore the rest of China and other parts of Asia.
The Head of Pre-Prep reports directly to the Head Master on all matters relating to the Pre-Prep School. The jobholder is charged to act as the academic and operational leader of the Pre-Prep school and is responsible for its day-to-day operation.
Responsibilities will include:
* To be responsible to the Headmaster for the day to day management, organisation, and administration of the Pre-Prep School.
* To promote excellence in the quality of the education provided, working with the Head Master and staff to sustain and enhance the standing of the school.
* As part of the Senior Leadership Team, to assist the Head Master in planning and implementing school policies and to undertake any other duties that the Head Master may from time to time require.
* To manage the Pre-Prep School SMT to monitor standards of teaching and learning, including the observation of Pre-Prep School lessons as a matter of good practice and to provide constructive feedback to staff concerned
* To oversee the delivery of the Pre-Prep School curriculum in line with school philosophy.
* To oversee and assess the quality of planning, teaching and of learning outcomes, promoting improvement strategies as necessary.
* Work with Deputy Head and Director of Admissions, to coordinate students & staff recruitment.
You should have:
* Advanced degree in Education and/or Educational Administration.
* At least 3 years' school management/leadership in a similar setting.
* Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs, especially EAL.
* Experience in managing performance of staff, especially senior or middle level managers.
* A solid understanding of the developmental and curricular needs of students in international schools.
This school is part of a group renowned for offering very generous salary packages that afford great savings potential. Benefits include:
* Excellent salary starting at 25,000 RMB per month and rising based on experience
* Accommodation provided
* Annual flights
* Family friendly with free tuition and health cover
* Excellent end of service gratuity
* Super professional development opportunities
If you wish to apply please contact your local Teachanywhere consultant who will be happy to furnish you with more information and discuss further opportunities to enhance your teaching career overseas.