you are applying for this job:
job type: permanent,
date posted: 23 october 2019,
reference number: MC01
Why Work for this company?
Our client is a major player in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry providing solutions and services. They had been prominent in the innovation of biopharmaceutical technology for over 40 years. Pharmaceutical companies globally rely on our client to provide the highest quality products and services to enable success. Our client's products include process and equipment, engineering and consulting services, site services and chromatography services. They pride themselves on being a transparent company acting in accordance with all of their corporate values.
* 40+ year's experience
* Offer largest global biopharmaceutical manufacturing capacity in the industry
* Unrivalled capability for building equipment and large scale system configurations for factory acceptance testing
* Committed to growing biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry
Position Title: Mechanical Designer
Reports To: Designer Team Leader
Location: Fermoy, Co. Cork
Job Type: Full Time
The Mechanical Designer is required to be proactive to perform day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and realising deliverables. The duties will include detail & assembly drawings and related bills-of material used in the fabrication of equipment for pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing with an emphasis on pressure vessel assemblies for fluid and gas handling and motorized agitation systems. The primary responsibilities involve generating design plans utilizing Autodesk inventor and AutoCAD software. This position requires a high attention to detail along with an ability to develop a strong understanding of the ASME/BPE Bioprocessing equipment design standards.
* Ability to work in a professional team-based office environment and meet date-driven customer-focused commitments.
* Review and comprehend customer generated specifications and requirements.
* Design and maintain documents with technical support from project engineering and project management
* Create / maintain component BOM documentation
* Create / maintain piping arrangement drawings (Top assembly and Piping module) using P&ID and customer specifications consisting of however not limited to; 3D models, detail drawings, spool drawings & bill of materials.
* Create / maintain agitation system designs
* Generate Engineering Change Notices (ECN's)
* Create and maintain project files using departmental resources and best practices.
* Conduct model design reviews with both internal resources as well as externally with customers and project management.
* Record needed changes during design review processes and ensure they are communicated to the project team using departmental resources / best practices.
* Provide manufacturing support related to published designs and released design documentation as required.
* Generate "as-built" design documentation and provided them to the Quality department as needed.
* Execute other tasks as assigned
* Ability to travel when required
* Associates Degree or Ireland Advanced Certificate (Level 6) in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or equivalent
* 1 year post graduate in drafting and design
* Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; including Word and Excel.
* Detail oriented with a solid understanding of drafting standards, design fundamentals, and related fabrication processes.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
* Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Demonstrated ability to carry a project from conception to production.
* 1-2 years in a related industry using 3D parametric CAD-based software with direct experience processing ECN's, BOM's and other related design documentation.
* Prior experience using Autodesk Inventor and/or Routed Systems
* Prior experience using Autodesk AutoCAD 2D/3D.
* Experience with ERP software for item and bill-of-material creation; Syteline preferred.
* Experience with ASME /BPE Bioprocessing Equipment standards.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Due to the high volume of applications we will not be able to contact everyone. If you do not hear from us within a week you can presume your application unsuitable
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003