Long term ASD-Learning Support Worker
A school in Newham are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to work with a boy who has ASD in Year 6 alongside behavioural difficulties. They are looking for someone to support this boy and become a positive role model for him. They would like applicants who have worked in this capacity previously in a school or different setting.
- Autism training available and other training opportunities through the school and randstad
- Competitive pay rates
- Great transport links
- Another adult will support you with the child
- Ensure you follow the timetable the child has been set
- Work with another team member to deliver and support lessons
- Attend training and meetings to keep up to date with the child's progress and update records of learning and development
- Work with outside agencies and specialists to provide additional support
- Experience of working with children who have ASD and challenging behaviour through a mainstream or special needs school setting
- Had recent training or a placement where you have gained SEND experience
- Hold a qualification to work with SEND children
To apply for this role please send us your up to date CV to email@example.com and one of our dedicated team will contact you to discuss your application.