Are you an Assistant Buyer looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join an Engineering Services company, based in York.
Working within the procurement team your main role is to work towards the overall objectives with placement of orders, whilst being supported by the established senior team. You will learn a vast amount of skills from supplier management to project management and commercial awareness.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Processing overhead orders and placement of project consumable orders, managing acknowledgements and invoice variations
- Supplier engagement and visits, developing product knowledge and identifying opportunities for commercial betterment on material spend
- Material database maintenance, managing price files updates adding/removing items, manually updating monthly price files for copper cable and channel
- Setting up new contract information including contract defaults and delivery information, auto order and set up and management of the daily order reports
- Supporting the procurement team and operational leader with creating reports, taking meeting notes and creating and issuing minutes, updating trackers and other tasks as required
- Manage site returns and credit log
Experience and Requirements:
- MS Office Skils (Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Effective time keeping abilities
- Plan and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- NVQ business adminidatration (Disireable)
We are looking for candidates who are passionate on building a profressional career within the procurement department.
If you think you match the criteria and would like to find out more please call Rebecca on 0191 260 2500
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.