Hong Kong is an incredible location for you to share your passion for music by being an Assistant Director. Hong Kong is where East meets West and where Chinese roots are mixed with a British colonial influence. The modernist glass towers of the city are neatly framed by natural beauty with over 70% of Hong Kong covered in mountains and sprawling country parks. A mouth-watering array of food awaits you at every turn, and you can shop until you drop at the city's wealth of glitzy shopping malls, vintage dens, side-street boutiques and markets, with no sales tax anywhere in sight.
Start date: August 2021
Location: Hong Kong
Curriculum: UK curriculum
Salary: Very competitive packages offered
Experience: 4+ years preferred
Sponsorship: Single or married teachers with dependents
Contract: 2 years
- Excellent salary in line with the region
- Accommodation provided
- Annual flights
- Family friendly with free tuition for children and health cover
- Excellent end of service gratuity
- Super professional development opportunities
About the school: This top level international school is part of a family of UK curriculum schools and combines over 400 years of educational excellence with a modern approach and first-rate facilities. The Hong Kong school opened its doors to much fanfare in August 2012 and is a day and boarding school for students aged 2-18. Facilities at the HK campus are amazing and the school is located in a magnificent crescent-shaped building with custom-built facilities near the Gold Coast, Tuen Mun.
Students are expected to be fully involved and achieve their best in academic studies, extra-curricular activities and House events. Following the UK curriculum throughout and the focus of the upper school curricula is IGCSE and A-levels.
- Applicants will be supporting the leadership of an important subject for the school so previous departmental leadership experience is desirable along with excellence in the subject.
- Applicants must be qualified teachers (B.Ed/degree and PGCE)
- A minimum of 4 years' of school experience teaching ages 11-18, GCSE/A-level experience or similar. This role is not suitable for purely peripatetic teachers.
- A strong commitment to high standards and a variety of approaches to teaching and learning
- Ability and willingness to inspire others; leading by example and modelling the school's vision statement.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
Action for applications:
To apply please apply with your up to date CV today to email@example.com.
- Successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail or telephone and must be able to provide solid references for at least the past three academic years
- Due to the high volume of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted
- Teachanywhere have been successfully placing qualified teachers into schools across the world for more than 10 years
- With a dedicated team who have worked in different regions, we provide first-hand experience, support and advice to ensure we find the right job for you.