An Assistant Quantity Surveyor has a number of years' experience in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects. They will be supporting other more senior members of the commercial team in delivering the varied commercial duties as well as being responsible for procuring and managing our supply chain. They actively seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality for our Customers. Typically a QS will be chartered or in the final stages of achieving professional membership of the RICS, ICES or CIOB and will be a peer role model for those less experienced members of the commercial team.
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Company's GMCEs, BMS and other governance
Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
- Orders information and systematically checks data
- Measure, record & value work unsupervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures
- Measure & interpret specifications & drawings
- Build up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates
- Translate measurement from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates
- Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works
- Plan commercial activities to meet requirements of section programmes
- Have an understanding of delay and disruption programmes
- Use the company's ERP System
- Collation of Cost and Value Information
- Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements
- Collect information required to specify procurement requirements
- Record and document information including registration of interest
- Understand the steps / documentation required
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
- Collation of cost and value information
- Measurement of works and agreements with subcontractors
Development, Recruitment and Retention
- Maintain a Personal Development Plan
- Supports the development of others
- Working towards professional membership from the RICS, ICES or CIOB
The following qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
If you are interested in the role, please contact Brad in the Randstad Leeds Office on 0113 246 2503
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.