Assistant Site Manager needed in Folkestone, Kent.
We're recruiting an Assistant Site Manager on a new residential scheme in Folkestone, Kent. Do you have an eye for detail and take pride in your job? If so, then we have a great Assistant Site Manager opportunity for you.
- Job title: Assistant Site Manager
- Location: Folkestone, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: December 2021
- Rate: £240 - £275/day
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper (Maidstone branch)
With 5+ live projects running currently in the Kent region this volume developer has a reputation for delivering high quality homes to the market. Their stringent quality control process throughout the whole build programme is reflected upon final delivery and their customer satisfaction surveys.
A new timber frame development of 120x new homes consisting of semi detached, detached and townhouses (3-5 bedroom) & 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Mixture of private spec and housing association units.
The role of the Assistant Site Manager
As an Assistant Site Manager on site working under a Site Manager and Senior Site Manager you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out plot inspections at various stages of the build process.
- Write lists of defects and issue non-conformance notices to subcontractors (paper format and via email).
- Ensure contractors are completing works to programme.
- Coordinate with contractors for when works should be completed by.
- Use the subcontract manual and trade specifications as a basis for managing the subcontractor's obligations.
- Order any non-supply and fit materials for works to be completed and ensure they are checked for damage and compliance.
- Liaise with the Customer Care team to schedule inspections of plots that you have signed off as ready for quality control inspection.
- Liaise with the NHBC and Housing Association to action remedial items raised.
- Progress report back to the senior site team.
- Maintain accurate detailed reports.
- Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
You will be an individual that enjoys a challenge, takes pride in delivering an exceptional property and has the ability to gel with a larger project team.
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Trade related City & Guilds or NVQ is desirable.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering new build residential schemes.
- Working knowledge of building regulations and NHBC sign off criteria.
- 1-2 years experience of managing trades packages either for a developer, main contractor or subcontractor.
- An eye for detail.
- Strong man-management and motivating.
- Be able to write detailed reports.
- Excellent organisation.
- Customer facing and approachable.
What to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.