Are you looking for a new role as an Automation Scientist? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
The successful candidate will have a real impact on the development of our clients high-throughput automation platform. As an automation scientist you will be responsible to implement our clients cell based high-throughput screening platform.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Assemble, implement and validate new automation equipment, including the development of standardised operation procedures and maintenance systems
- Interact with scientists across the company to develop and optimise cell culturing protocols and cell-based assay protocols on the automation platform ensuring optimal efficiency & performance
- Troubleshoot high-throughput automated workflows as required
- Write, debug, and deploy code for integrating laboratory automation devices
- Design, plan, and execute complex R&D experiments ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within timelines
- Develop and implement a system for large data-set acquisition, collation, processing, and analysis to generate high quality information for experimental inferences
- Document research findings clearly in an electronic lab book
- Along with team members, provide routine laboratory maintenance, including participating in equipment upkeep, cleaning rotas and laboratory consumables stock management
- Ensure that laboratory health, safety and quality procedures are followed
- Select, follow, and adapt experimental protocols and generate laboratory SOPs
- Support the preparation of laboratory risk assessments and maintenance of health and safety protocols
- Participate regularly in group meetings and prepare and deliver presentations to project team and internal stakeholders
- Master or PhD in Life sciences, Computing, Engineering and related fields scientist
- Experience of developing, implementing & optimising complex protocols on liquid handling workstations, microplate dispensers and related robotics
- Experience in high-throughput screening approaches using liquid handling robotics and data acquisition instrumentation
- A proven track record in the application of data processing and statistical methods to large data sets
- Proven experience in high-throughput screening of either: Cell cultures, Culture media, Small molecules
- Other biologics or bioactive agents
- Experience in developing, executing and trouble-shooting high-throughput biological-based assays
- Understanding of state-of-the-art assays and automation technology platforms
- Experience of applying DoE (design of experiments) practice to multi-variable experiments
- Experience working with adherent mammalian cell cultures would be a bonus
- Ability to code in a programming language (e.g. SQL, R) would be a bonus
- Experience with high content imagers and related image analysis systems would be a bonus
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.