Length: 6 months
Pay rate: £291.57 - £775.48 (PAYE or Umbrella only)
A well-known Music streaming company is looking for Backend Engineers to join our Content Platform engineering organization. Come join our team of talented backend engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Build products that provide operational stability for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are:
- You are comfortable writing Java and Scala
- You are are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are experienced in working with 3rd party API’s
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions