Are you looking for a new role as a Bioengineering Technician? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
The successful candidate will be working in the Bioengineering Team, tasked with supporting their activities.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Routine testing of cells with various materials developed by the team
- Maintenance of mammalian cells lines including stem cells
- Performing various assays
- Assisting in the development of biomaterials on an Ad-hoc basis
- Shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance
- Tracking of consumables stock levels and reagents
- Adherence of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Recording all data produced in an electronic laboratory notebook system
- Day-to-day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories
- Degree in Tissue Engineering, Biomaterial, Life science or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experienced in culturing mammalian cells and working under aseptic conditions
- Experience of testing materials with mammalian cells and understanding cell - material interface
- Ability to prepare reagents and media for laboratory processes
- Ability to follow protocols
- Good numeracy and communication skills
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary laboratory
- Experience of making chemical solutions for material development
Skills and personality traits:
- Good at problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to multitask
- Happy in a growing team
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.