Are you a passionate Biology teacher who can pass this enthusiasm onto a new generation?
Are you familiar with the general science curriculum up to GCSE level?
If you would like to join a superb school science department, then please read on and consider an application to Randstad Education!
On behalf of our client school we are currently seeking a science teacher for an opportunity at a school in Wrexham, full-time starting as soon as possible. The role is until the end of the summer term 2021 and involves teaching Biology across Key Stages 3 and 4.
The job will be term-time only and is a great opportunity to work as part of a fantastic department with dedicated leadership
: A school with a community environment and a friendly, supportive department
- A dedicated professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Access to Randstad's benefits package including discounted cinema and holiday vouchers, high street discounts and more
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding, prevent duty, and 'Team Teach'
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of Science, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum across Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and outings
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school
As the successful Teacher of Science you will have:
- A strong knowledge of the science curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- A recognised teaching qualification (such as BA QTS, PGCE etc)
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the school
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Chester and North Wales, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools that would be more suited. Roles vary from temporary, permanent, short or long-term and full or part-time, which may be a better match. Please email your CV to Richard.Jones@randstadeducation.co.uk or give the office a call on 01244 500 425 today, I look forward to hearing from you!...