Are you looking for a new role as a Biomaterial Scientist? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
As a Biomaterial Scientist in our clients Bioengineering Team, you will be tasked with optimising the performance of in-house developed materials. Working independently and as part of a team, your primary focus will be lab-based.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Contribute towards the development of wider R&D objectives
- Independent work planning and carry out appropriate experimentation
- Liaise directly with team leader and update group on project progress
- Aid in development of SOP's, COSHH & RA documentation with support from the team
- Generate succinct reports for the team and present at wider company R&D meetings
- Along with team members, provide routine laboratory maintenance, including participating in equipment upkeep, cleaning rotas and laboratory consumables stock management
- Ensure that laboratory health, safety and quality procedures are followed
- Ensure accurate record keeping for experiments using electronic laboratory notebook
- General ad-hoc duties as required to support the departmental and organisation requirements
- Recent PhD in Bioengineering, Biomaterials or Tissue Engineering
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry / Bioengineering / Biomedical science / Biochemistry / Biotechnology
- Multi-disciplinary background in biology, chemistry and materials science
- Fabrication and characterisation biomaterials for mammalian cell culture
- Optimisation of biomaterials performance for in-vitro cell culture
- A track-record of delivering results in a short-time frame
- Interfacing with a multidisciplinary team of biologists & engineers
- Experience with culture substrates for bioreactor systems
- Microfluidic device knowledge
- Synthesis, development and characterisation of biomaterials
- Experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture
- Critical assessment of research articles
- Data processing and statistical analysis
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.