Job title:Buidling Control Officer
Rate: £35.00 per hour
Contract Length: 6 Months
Shifts: Agile 37 hours per week
Can you assist in the provision of an effective and efficient Building Control Service? Are you able to implement and enforce legislation for domestic and commercial premises in accordance with Council and Building Control policy?
If so this role may be ideal for a candidate like you.
The role includes, but is not exclusive to;
- Assess domestic and commercial Building Regulation submissions for compliance. Identify, interpret and apply relevant legislation and use professional judgement to determine applications for approval or rejection.
- Gather and consider guidance from a variety of different sources and suggest solutions, prepare assessment reports detailing technical and legislative matters of non-compliance.
- Implement statutory and informal consultations with external agencies and other Council Services as required in accordance with standard procedures.
- Utilising tools and equipment, inspect on site, assess, record, report and certify building work for compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Process notices for demolition works under the Building Act 1984.
- Support the Principal Building Control Officers with inspections and audits in respect of designated grounds and regulated stands under the Safety at Sports Grounds Act 1975.
The successful candidate will;
Work in partnership with other Sections and Directorates of the Council and external organisations. Assisting in dealing with queries and representatives from the general public, Council Members, the press and others.
- Promote the culture and vision of the Directorate and the Council through actively co-operating with other Council employees and management.
- Reflect the Council's vision with partners, stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain an awareness of relevant Statutory and City Council regulations, procedures and practices and participating in ensuring Directorate compliance.
- Follow the Communications and Media Strategies of the directorate and positively projecting the work and image of the Directorate and Council.
- Actively market the service in the face of increasing private sector competition, taking an active role in any local, regional or national marketing initiatives.
- Undertake all responsibilities and duties with due regard to providing a customer focused service.
- Undertake duties of the post in accordance with the Authority's Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies and legislative requirements and all other Council policies and procedures.
If the above opportunity appeals and excites you then apply below, alternatively if you know someone who is currently looking for work then forward on the details of the job or get in contact using the details below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.