Do you love helping children?
Do you want to start/progress your career in a company that will invest in your future?
Are you resilient, a team player and reliable?
If you have answered yes, then this is an opportunity for you.
The organisation based in Ludlow, Shropshire are looking for creative, active and open-minded Care Worker, to join their family feel team. The applicant must have a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring even the most challenging of minds and behaviours. The company is looking for candidates, who want to get involved, have their ideas heard, are confident being a parental figure and who are resilient, active and caring. As part of this role, you will work with the children in the School and in the home. Previous experience with young people with a history of Autism is preferred and a Level 3 qualification in health and social care is desirable. However, as long as you have the desire to complete the qualification, which will be fully funded and supported, all the training and help needed will be offer to ensure you are able to thrive in your care career.
The School has 15 children and the residential setting has 12, all aged between 11- 18. The ideal candidate will provide consistency in supporting young people in their day-to-day lives, within a school and home environment, enhancing their life skills, creating fun, and engaging activities to do at the evenings and weekends and making sure, they are safe and secure in their surroundings. This is a full time permanent role of 40 hours a week.
See below some of the fabulous benefits from this organisation.
- On going training and development plans
- Fantastic opportunities for career development (multiple sites locally to progress within)
- Shopping discounts and cashback via our 'Rewards Hub
- access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our 'Your Wellbeing Matters' programme.
- Free parking
In this role you will be expected to deliver the below responsibilities.
- Supporting, assisting and and advising the learners
- Communicating with the line manager/shift leader and ensure to keep a safe environment for the learners
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support
- Maximising social opportunities and community engagement
- Completing necessary training when needing and required
Desirable attributes or experience, however not essential
- Experience working in a residential childcare
- Experience working and supporting children with EBD and complex needs
- NVQ level 2 or 3.
- Experience of supporting children and young people in a residential setting.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and is committed to providing care and support to young people.
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and complex needs
- Knowledge and a clear understanding of the National Care Standards, Safeguarding and other relevant legislation
- The ability to be able to work shifts which will include weekends and bank holidays
- A full UK driving licence and own transport
- Candidates for this role must be over the age of 21
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic training opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly, close knit team then this could be the ideal role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply today. If you need any more information regarding the role you can call Khurram on 01293 558697.
This role is open to receiving applications over the next four weeks. Within 10 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a two-stage interview process, after which shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the final stage of the interview process.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....