Do you have the commitment and values to make a real difference to the lives of young and vulnerable children?
Do you want a job that will invest in your future?
Are you a calm and passionate person?
If you have answered yes, then why not apply today!
This organisation is an independent residential care home that caters for children and young people aged 6 - 19 years who have communication and learning challenges associated with EBD. The setting is based in Stevenage and having your own transport is a must. The applicant must be enthusiastic, energetic and resilient. As a Support Worker, you will see to the regular duties of supporting our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy; whilst being recognised for your dedication and experience. This setting includes outdoor activities for it's learners, keen sports people or those who like to keep active would be perfect candidates for this role.
See below some of the fabulous benefits from this organisation.
- On going training and development plans
- Fantastic opportunities for career development (multiple sites locally to progress within)
- Refer a Friend scheme - £300*
- Monthly recognition awards
- 4 % pension plan
- Opportunity to qualify and get necessary qualifications whilst working
- £60 sleep in
- Free parking
In this role you will be expected to deliver the below responsibilities.
- Supporting, assisting and and advising the learners
- Communicating with the line manager/shift leader and ensure to keep a safe environment for the learners
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support
- Maximising social opportunities and community engagement
- Completing necessary training when needing and required
Desirable attributes or experience, however not essential
- Experience working in a residential childcare
- Experience working and supporting children with EBD and complex needs
- NVQ level 2 or 3.
- Experience of supporting children and young people in a residential setting.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and is committed to providing care and support to young people.
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and complex needs
- Knowledge and a clear understanding of the National Care Standards, Safeguarding and other relevant legislation
- The ability to be able to work shifts which will include weekends and bank holidays
- Candidates for this role must be over the age of 21
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic training opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly, close knit team then this could be the ideal role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply today. If you need any more information regarding the role you can call Khurram on 01293 558697.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....