An independent construction & property consultancy with a long history and a strong well founded reputation, with offices across East London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Bucks, are looking for a Chartered Senior Building Surveyor to take the reigns from a retiring member of staff.
The company client base is largely public sector, with a paricular focus on Local Authority and Housing Association clients.
As a senior building surveyor, you will be working as part of a larger team providing a mixture of Building Surveying and Project Management work to Education, Housing and Corporate Property clients within public sector organisations.
Youre responsibilities as a Senior Building Surveyor will include a full range of project and professional duties including:
- Fire Risk Assessment related building surveying,
- Fund monitoring,
- Defect analysis and specific defect reports
- Project works including preparing tender documents and Post Contract Administrator roles
In return for your work as a senior building surveyor you will receive a highly competitive salary, between £50-55K plus a car allowance for your travel on the job. In addition to this you will be entitled to the following:
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas
- Up to three additional days holiday entitlement in subsequent continuous years worked
- Projected related business expenses paid (mileage £0.45 per mile)
- RICS subscription fees paid
- Workplace pension entitlement
Further positives which can't be quantified are:
- Working for a quality assured organisation with ISO 9001 accreditation
- The security of an employer with a 40 year history, and a strong client base
- No strict departmentalised working, a collaborative effort across a range of instructions, clients, and properties, keeping things interesting.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to be a chartered building surveyor and full member of the RICS.
You will need a full and valid UK driver's license and live within a commutable distance from the Brentwood office (preferably within an hour).
You will be a highly organised individual with excellent verbal and writtten communication skills, and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Ideal experience for this role will be someone with experience working as a senior building surveyor for a consultancy, providing services to local authorities or housing associations, particularly with contract administration experience on projects upwards of £500K.
Finally, working for an independent business and being a key member of the core staff, you will need to be an approachable, aimiable person who can work well as part of a team and speak confidently with non construction biased clients.
What happens next
If you're interested in this senior building surveyor position, and you want to be considered for the role, apply via the link.
If you're not sure if this role is right for you, or you're not sure you're ready to move, email with your contact details and you will be contacted at the earliest opportunity.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.