Are you a candidate that has previously worked in NHS health care sites or the caring community? If the answer is yes and you find yourself currently seeking temporary employment we have roles for Housekeepers, Housekeeping Assistants, Cleaners and Porters.
- Position: Cleaner / Cleaning Assistant
- Location: Harlow
- Contract type: Temporary
- Pay rate: £9.55 per hour PAYE (Band 2) - Enhancements for Nights, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Shift patterns available: Days, Nights and flexible
- Start date: TBA
About the company and the role:
The health care sector needs you now more than ever and are recruiting for Housekeepers, Housekeeping Assistants, Cleaners and Porters to work in their key Medway sites.
As part of a team you will be working hard behind the scenes and be a key member to ensure safe, clean and well maintained environments for patients and the staff that work at the site during this challenging time. You will be provided with full and appropriate personal protective equipment and training to ensure you get the best from and deliver the best within the position.
What will the role involve?
You will be responsible for ensuring a clean environment for patients by; vacuum cleaning; mopping; dusting, cleaning mirrors, baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork; walls and ceilings; emptying and cleaning bins and making sure paper towels; toilet tissue; hand soap dispensers. High dusting of walls and ceilings, floor maintenance, etc., changing of disposable curtains, carry out deep clean/terminal cleans when necessary (in in-patient areas) etc.
What experience and skills do you need to be successful in the role?
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but you will be provided with full training and support will be provided.
- The key things are that you want to make a difference and care about people.
What are we looking for?
- People who will do a great job in delivering the best cleanliness standards for patients, staff and visitors.
- Standard or Enhanced DBS certificate or that is currently pending.
- Hard working and be a great team ambassador.
- If you have worked in an NHS facility previously that would be an advantage but not essential.
- Access to a computer to complete mandatory training and occupational health assessment.
- Access to your Doctor to attain your immunisation records.
- Current identification, proof of address and be able to provide references.
- Must be 18 or over.
What do you need to think about before applying?
This role is physically demanding, and you will be moving/using equipment and furniture, stretching, reaching, bending and doing lots of repetitive movements; you will also be exposed to dirt, dust and smells.
What to do next?
If the above meets your criteria please hit the apply now link to submit your cv
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.