A Commercial Administrator assists other commercial team members in carrying out a range of commercial duties. They will help manage the costs of a project at every stage and support the effective engagement and management of our supply chain. Typically they will academically qualified to GCSE or A level and be based on one of our projects whilst attending College on a part-time or block basis studying for a Construction related HNC or HND. They will also be undertaking a vocational NVQ qualification related to Quantity Surveying.
- Gather data & carry out research on current construction costs under supervision
- Measure, record & value work supervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures
- Record progress on site and help prepare and maintain records
- Use the company's ERP System
- Collation of Cost and Value Information
- Collect information required to specify procurement requirements
- Record and document information including registration of interest
- Understand the steps / documentation required
- Collation of cost and value information
- Measurement of works and provide information on subcontractors performance
Development, Recruitment and Retention
- Maintain a Personal Development Plan
- Pass HNC/HND & NVQ to overall merit level
- Attain Associate Qualification from the RICS or ICES
The following qualifications are essential::
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent (define entry qualifications)
- A Levels
If you are interested in the position, please contact Brad at the Randstad Leeds Office on 0113 246 2503.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.