Are you an expert at coding and a whizz on a laptop? Can you feed young hungry minds eager about the world of computing? Then please consider an application to Randstad Education to become our new Computer Science Teacher! We are working with an outstanding secondary school based in Sefton Local Authority in the Crosby area who currently require a Teacher of Computer Science to undertake a full-time long-term supply booking starting in November 2020. The job will be term-time only across Key Stages 3 and 4, with a small number of Year 12 classes at KS5, and will continue for at least one term. This cover is for a permanent post so for the right person there could be an opportunity to transfer onto a contract with the school eventually.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment as our new Computer Science Teacher you will benefit from:
- A school with excellent facilities, on-site parking, and a friendly, supportive department, with free lunch daily in the school canteen and access to gym
- A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Access to Randstad's benefits package including discounted cinema and holiday vouchers, high street discounts and more
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding, prevent duty, and 'Team Teach'
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Your responsibilities as a Computer Science Teacher will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of Computing, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues within the departments as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and trips
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
- A strong knowledge of the computer science curriculum, from KS3 to KS4; KS5 knowledge would be advantageous
- A recognised teaching qualification (such as BA QTS, PGCE etc) NB NQTs, QTLS holders and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the school
Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed suitable for this position a telephone interview will be offered immediately, instead of the normal face to face meeting, to observe current social distancing measures. Documents will be submitted and checked online and our consultants will guide you through how to do this. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks, and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, your specialist secondary consultant for Sefton and West Lancs, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply now, don't delay!...