Contracts Manager - £90,000 + package
M1 Corridor / Warwickshire / Northampton / Oxfordshire (depending on where the new recruit lives.)
Are you an experienced Contracts Manager in the housing sector being underpaid for the amount of work you do? Are you always stressed because your Managers are struggling and you can't get a good team? Then this could be the role for you!
A 5* PLC housing developer who work on medium - large sized traditional built housing developments throughout the country. Due to a massive expansion over the last year they are now looking for an additional Contracts Manager to join their team on a permanent basis making it a new team of 4.
You will be responsible for managing 3/4 sites throughout Warwickshire down to Northampton (will really be dependent on where the new recruit lives to how they will split the sites). All the teams you will manage are solid with proven track records of delivering quality homes within the correct time frames.
This is a cash rich developer with plenty of land in the bank and no plans of slowing down, so it would be a really exciting time to get involved!
- Pre-start site inspections and preparation of CDM pack and develop through construction plan.
- Prepare suitable tender list for subcontractors and suppliers, monitor their performance and feedback to Commercial department.
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
- Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time. Progress chasing as required. Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast.
- Monitor Health & Safety performance to ensure compliance with legal obligations and Company requirements.
- Control additional costs for non-productive and prelim expenditure to ensure Group guidelines and take part in cost control meetings.
- Liaise with all departments to support the Site Manager's role and ensure information, materials and contractors are available.
- Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure a quality product.
- Liaise with purchasers to ensure we provide a suitable level of service after completion.
- Support the Site Manager in ensuring that on-site Construction teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload.
- Provide a professional interface with purchasers, external contracts, contractors etc.
- Assist the Construction Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Construction department.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Must have experience as a Contracts Manager for a Housing Developer
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.