Randstad are recruiting for a Controls Engineer for a client based in Clevedon. They are a global company who, at this site, specialise in manufacturing special purpose machinery and are doubling their production.
The successful candidate with report to the Senior Controls Manager and will be responsible for writing control and visualisation software for products developed by our client.
Experience & Skills Required
- PLC programming - ladder logic, structured text
- HMI programming using VB.net or other high level languages
- Compiling software
- Communications protocols - Modbus, EdCentra XML
- Creation of technical documentation
- Administration of software configuration control tools, version numbering, release process and archiving
- PLC programming - functions blocks, data structures
- PID loops
- Understanding of P&I Diagrams and electrical schematics
- Safety and design review methods, e.g. HAZOP, FMEA
- HND (or equivalent) or degree in a relevant technical discipline, preferably in a controls or software discipline
- Minimum of 5 years working in controls and software within relevant industries
- Creates supporting documentation for software release and installation
- Provides technical content for manuals, build notes and service instructions
- Review content produced by others
- Performs tests and provides expert level support to factory and field issues
- Works safely following agreed test procedures and risk assessments.
- Contributes to the preparation of test documents and advises on appropriate test methodologies.
- Creates simulations to enable the testing of product software
This is a full time permanent position with a salary bracket of £40,000-£47,000 depending on experience + a 7.5% annual bonus and other benefits.
If you are interested, please make an application at your earliest convenience.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT & Engineering industries. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.