Cover Supervisor - Leeds
Are you currently working towards a career within education? Do you have a desire to get into teaching but feel that you need more experience? Are you looking for an opportunity for self development and exceptional in-house training opportunities? Are you interested in working in different classrooms across Leeds? Would you like flexibility of working in schools around your studies or other commitments?
If you answered yes to the questions above, we would like to hear from you!
Randstad Education are currently working with a number of partnership secondary schools in the Leeds and West Yorkshire area.
The role of a cover supervisor holds real importance within the school day, the role requires somebody who is flexible and versatile when it comes to what the day may bring.
Does a morning of maths followed by an afternoon of PE sound right up your street? If so, the role of a cover supervisor could be perfect for you.
No two days will be the same, whether this be supporting different subjects or working in different schools. The cover supervisor will ensure that the lesson left by the absent teacher is delivered to the highest standard and although this may not be your chosen subject area, you must ensure that the pupils get as much out of the lesson as if you were the subject specialist.
This is also an excellent opportunity for any individual that is due to commence a teaching training placement in September or is considering a career within education. The role of a cover supervisor will allow you the opportunity to work within different settings, support across KS3/KS4 and find your teaching style.
- Classroom management.
- Behaviour management.
- Liaising with other staff members.
- Delivering and marking work.
- Have a sensitive and caring nature, whilst communicating effectively with pupils.
- Drive and passion.
- Ability to build rapport with staff and pupils.
- A passion for working with, and intellectually developing young people.
- Sensitivity for dealing with young people in difficult situations.
- Real passion for education.
- Competitive salary.
- Networking with schools prior to training as a teacher.
- Watching and contributing to a child's development.
- Flexible working hours and days.
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities.
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
Randstad is committed to the safety of all young people. An enhanced DBS check with satisfactory references is therefore crucial in order to proceed.
Does this sound like the role for you? Contact us today!