Are you a recent graduate looking to make a difference in the classroom and perhaps study a PGCE in future?
Do you really want to become a teacher but lack the necessary classroom experience to get on the course?
Maybe you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers and aren't sure whether to take the plunge into teacher training?
Or maybe you're an experienced cover supervisor just looking for new schools to work in?
If the answer is yes to any of those questions then cover supervisor work with Randstad Education is definitely for you! The role itself involves supervising pupils aged 11-18 in the classroom carrying out pre-prepared tasks when teaching staff are on short-term absence.
On behalf of several Sefton secondary schools particularly in Maghull we are looking for a cover supervisor who can work on a day-to-day ad hoc basis, but this could lead to something more long-term in future. On most days the work is a full school day, but you may cover just for mornings or afternoons, or even one lesson, the work can be very flexible to suit your availability. The requirement is due to an increase in the need for day to day cover within this mainstream setting, covering absent teachers due to training courses, meetings or sickness including self-isolation. This is a great opportunity to enhance your exposure to working in schools and be excited by the prospect of an incredibly varied week!
The successful candidate would need to be available to start as soon as possible as we enter a busy Winter period. We are already experiencing unprecedented demand, so if you would like to be in the best position for work, then we would be interested to hear from you now!
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly team of specialist 'Sefton Secondary' consultants and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Access to Randstad's benefits package including discounted cinema and holiday vouchers, high street discounts and more
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training such as 'An Introduction to Cover Supervision' as well as safeguarding and 'Team Teach' (positive behaviour management strategies)
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- Flexible hours and working patterns
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
- Outstanding schools to work at in Maghull and around Sefton Local Authority, with supportive staff and excellent staff facilities
- the experience of working with the 11-18 age group; cover supervision is excellent preparation for someone looking to do a PGCE in future
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a service to the staff and pupils of the schools. Responsibilities as our new cover supervisor would include:
- Being willing and able to supervise classes of up to 30 pupils on your own with no teacher present, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- Delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- Engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task, assisting with queries where possible
- Dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures
Our requirements for this post mean you must:
- Be passionate about wanting to work with children and young people; any previous experience in this field, even voluntarily, would be an advantage but is not essential
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable
- Be able to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
- A degree qualification is an advantage
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for over twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, specialising in specific locations such as Sefton, and we now also have a team looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance too.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed suitable for this position a telephone interview will be offered immediately, instead of the normal face to face meeting, to observe current social distancing measures. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks, and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. You will also be expected to undertake mandatory Covid Awareness training before being able to start.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your specialist Sefton and West Lancs secondary consultant, via email on email@example.com or at the office on 0151 255 1666. Apply now, don't wait too long!...