Are you looking for a new role as a Culture Media Technician? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
The purpose of this role is to support laboratory work as part of a developing core facility for Culture Media activities. The core facility will enable R&D across the different teams by producing culture media at scale, analysing spent culture media, performing quality control checks, and initially supporting day-to-day laboratory activities such as maintaining cell culture.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Provide laboratory support as part of a new core facility for culture media activities
- Preparation of reagents for cell culture and characterisation processes
- Produce culture media stocks for R&D teams
- Perform quality tests on cells and reagents
- Characterise spent media for secreted metabolites and nutrient consumption
- Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures
- Characterise cellular samples for cell vitality
- Maintain an accurate record of laboratory work using an ELN
- Accurately keep records of reagents, cells and samples
- Create protocol and risk assessment documentation
- Manage inventory and order stocks of laboratory consumable/reagent
- Day-to-day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance
- Report and record incidents if they occur
- Maintain the confidentiality of the project and protocols
- Bachelor's degree in either Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related field
- Or, 2 years experience as technician in industry
- Good understanding of cell biology and biochemistry
- Aseptic mammalian cell culture experience for adherent and/or suspension cell lines
- Experienced and skilled at executing SOPs independently and to a high standard
- Experienced and skilled at logging laboratory work and maintaining records
- Experienced at producing sterile and/or buffered solutions, such as culture media
- Familiarity with QC testing
- Knowledge and skills to operate and maintain laboratory equipment (e.g., cell counters, pipettes, centrifuges, pH meters, UV-vis plate readers & microscopes)
- Experienced with writing standard protocols, basic reports and risk assessments
- Molecular biology skills e.g., enzyme-based metabolism assays, protein quantification & PCR
- Culture media analysis experience i.e., nutrients and osmolarity
- Experience with purchase orders and inventory management (especially LIMS would be a bonus)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.