Are you an experienced senior residential childcare worker ready to take the next step?
Can you cultivate a nurturing and memorable environment for children in respite?
If the answer is yes, then we need you!
Randstad is looking for an experienced senior or team leader to take on the challenge of deputy manager within a respite service for children with disabilities. The service is in a beautiful coastal location in East Lothian. You will receive excellent mentoring from the service manager who spent lockdown rejuvenating the house and garden herself. Under her mentorship you will soon be ready to move up to a service manager role in a company that prefers to promote from within!
The deputy manager will be responsible for the smooth running of day to day activities on the floor as well as an element of paperwork and staff supervision. The service creates a "home from home" environment to children with varying disabilities so experience in this area is essential. Starting salary for this role is £30,000 and there is a generous 35 days holiday allowance.
What can Randstad offer a successful deputy manager?
- One dedicated consultant to guide you through the hiring process
- Employee discount scheme
- Unlimited friend referral bonuses
- Immediate start
- Extensive training in industry standard courses supported by online learning
- Help with SSSC registration
- Excellent career progression opportunities
A successful Deputy Manager will be responsible for:
- Working effectively with the registered manager
- Supervising staff and maintaining staff rota and logs
- Supporting the social and physical needs of children with disabilities
- Co-ordinating with wider care team
- Maintaining professional manner and working to National Care Standards
- Working to a flexible schedule, including nightshifts, weekends and bank holidays
To be successful in your application, you will:
- Have previous experience working in a similar position or demonstrable experience that you are ready for the next step
- Have flexibility in the roles undertaken
- Have strong communication skills
- Register under the PVG scheme
- Full driving licence
- Obtained SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent
If this sounds like the position for you, don't delay!
Apply now and one of our team may call you for an informal chat to take your application to the next stage. Alternatively, if you would like some more information give Rebecca Prentice a call on 013 1240 0887 for a confidential chat or email
Not the role for you?
We are always looking for talented residential support workers across Scotland, email
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....