Development Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering & manufacturing business.
Do you have a background working at the forefront of engine component / systems development? Have you got experience working in a concept development environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the contract role for you! The ideal candidate would have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision
Through this role, you will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. This gives you true product ownership and the opportunity to see products through to volume production.
- Execution of engine component & system validation activities
- Execution of technical issue resolution
- Working with suppliers to develop specifications, hardware, and design solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks, specify plan, and execute validation.
- Conducting component and system reviews to obtain cross-functional business approval
- Communicating progress against plan to peers, stakeholders, and management
- Development of engineering technical information to facilitate the release of parts onto bills of material in preparation for volume production
- Support resolution to production, test, and field issues, working with suppliers diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered
- Good understanding of manufacturing principles and processes
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks/complex projects to meet established commitments
- Effective communication skills and teamwork
- Able to collaborate and interact on behalf of Caterpillar with external suppliers to develop a design solution
- Prior engine development and validation experience
- 8D problem solving, creation and maintenance of DVP&R and FMEA's
- Experience of developing new designs following APQP methodology
- Strong analytical skills, and experience of developing mechanical components and systems through simulation, rig testing and complete system testing
- Bolted joint assessment & validation
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.