EAL Teaching Assistant
Randstad Education are currently working with a primary school who are seeking a Teaching Assistant to support their EAL pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis. Our Primary school is located in the heart of Lambeth close to transport links and a short walk to the school.
- Offer an EXCELLENT 'refer a friend' scheme that pays you £300 in love to shop vouchers for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked for 30 days.
- FREE Autism Awareness Training for a day with a certificate at the end of the day
- TEAM Teach training 2 day course with a certificate at the end of the second day
- Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
- Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be responsible for supporting students from 5-12 years with EAL (English as an additional language)
- You will assist with guided reading and assist them with learning English
- You must be prepared to work with individual students and as a group
- You must be prepared to attend staff meetings and work with the SLT to improve the standards within the school
- You will be responsible to draft up weekly reports with pupils progress
- Somebody multilingual!
- Understanding in this job role you would need to display patience
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to complete a new DBS application
- A basic understanding of Speech & Language
We are actively interviewing candidates on behalf of the school and expecting a high volume of applicants. If you are interested in this position, please do apply without delay. Should you be shortlisted, following a telephone interview, we will invite you to meet with us before arranging an interview with the school.
Should you wish to apply or would like more information, please contact Millie Freeman on firstname.lastname@example.org...