Randstad Engineering are currently looking for an Electrical Technician to work for a world leading raw materials business in Port Talbot. The role will be working on day shift, working 36.5 hours per week and paying an hourly rate of £15.28.
- To ensure the successful delivery of the TSSP UK Annual H&S plan.
- To provide in-house expertise as part of the process Control department in the day to day maintenance, repair and installation of equipment within the following areas:
- Voice radio Systems
- Radio Control Telemetry
- Heavy Weighing Systems
- Gas calibration
- Quality Assurance
- Radiation Detection.
- Environmental Equipment Maintenance
- To implement and identify where applicable improvements within the field of expertise that leads to both efficiency and value added savings.
- Ensure legal compliance with trading standards on site wide weighing systems so as a company we can trade legally.
- Ensure compliance with OFCOM licensing for radio systems.
- Manage the central radiation store in line with Environment Agency Regulations
- Provide data and analysis to H&S in relation to incidents and support of the accident investigation process.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9000 and TS16949 in the QA Laboratory.
- To ensure that all activities are accurately logged on the business maintenance system (SAP) ensuring that costs are accurately captured to asset level.
- To ensure that any statutory/mandatory jobs are completed within business Guide-lines/standards.
Requirements / Personal Specification
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and traits:
- The jobholder will preferably be educated to HNC standard in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Tata working systems, such as Health and safety systems. SAP Maintenance based system
- Experienced as part of a multi skilled engineering team
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.