Embedded Software Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
You will be part of a dedicated team responsible for electronic and electrical systems development across all product platforms. Specifically you will be responsible for engine control system development and battery management system (BMS) software development for all powertrain programmes and will be involved in the design and development of the BMS controls and software for a major development programme.
This position offers the opportunity to work on an exciting programme, applying cutting-edge electrification technology to the off-highway industry, with a diverse range of applications.
- Work with process partner teams to gather and develop requirements for the BMS controls being developed for battery packs.
- Create control algorithms / software models using Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow to meet BMS software requirements.
- Conduct control system tuning / calibration activities on test bench and / or on pack / machine to achieve desired system performance.
- Conduct sub-system FMEAs, documenting potential failure modes, identifying and completing design and validation actions and managing subsequent updates.
- Plan and execute verification and validation testing for electronics / control system software in SiL, HiL or on-pack or development machines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during pack running.
- Strong technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Significant experience of using Mathworks tools (Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow) for model-based software design and development to create embedded software.
- Ability to translate and develop customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
- Knowledge of software FMEA and validation plan creation.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Significant, demonstrable experience of real-time control development for electric powertrain, engine, transmission, hydraulics or similar.
- Good understanding of electrification or at least some of the elements of electric powertrain (battery systems, motors, inverters, power electronics).
- Experience of HiL test equipment and the ability to programme automated tests.
- Knowledge of software version control systems, ideally GiT or Clearcase.
- Knowledge of / prior experience of developing software to meet functional safety requirements
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.