Do you have experience or a strong interest in implementing interventions focused on emotional literacy and mental well-being?
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students and their families?
Are you committed to contributing to a diverse and imaginative curriculum?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, an exciting opportunity awaits you.
We are currently seeking dedicated individuals to join our team as ELSA / Higher Level Teaching Assistants. In this role, you will play a crucial part in delivering interventions that focus on emotional literacy and mental well-being.
Situated in Effingham, Surrey, our institution caters to autistic students aged 11-16, who face associated behavioral and communication difficulties. Some students may also have multiple learning difficulties. Despite being part of the Aurora group and sharing a Principal with Redehall School, all other staff are specific to each school. Our establishment boasts a dedicated on-site therapy team to support both staff and students. This is a full-time role for term time.
What's in it for You?
- Make a substantial difference in the lives of our pupils and their families.
- Lead lessons and enhance your skills to support teaching and learning.
- Contribute to our diverse and creative curriculum.
- Work with an inspiring pupil population.
- Collaborate with a committed multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong commitment to pupil and staff well-being within an organization with shared values.
- Opportunities for support, development, and investment in your professional growth.
- Life assurance and Pension.
- Welcome bonus. Perkbox - offering high street discounts.
- Employee assistance program.
- Car lease scheme.
- Fully funded training and qualifications.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Free membership to our Health cashback plan - Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio, and many more.
Qualifications and Experience:
- GCSE Maths and English qualification minimum Grade 4 or equivalent.
- The Higher Level Teaching Assistant Diploma or equivalent Level 4 qualification or demonstrate an equivalent skill level.
- ELSA qualification is desirable; alternatively, the candidate must be willing to achieve this qualification within the first 2 years in the post.
- Essential knowledge/experience in special educational needs, particularly autism.
- Essential experience working with young people with emotional literacy needs.
- Knowledge/experience in working with young people with trauma and attachment/ACEs is desirable.
- Understanding of Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Accountability to the school leadership team in all areas of work and responsibilities.
- Support the SENCO, Clinical teams, and class teachers with aspects of emotional literacy.
- Assist the Class Teacher in the day-to-day running of the class and support the delivery of emotional literacy.
- Work closely with team members delivering therapeutic interventions and support the implementation of therapy programs, strategies, and supports in class.
If you want more information about this exciting opportunity or wish to submit your application, please don't hesitate to apply now. Contact Arshad today on 01293 527416 to learn more about this opportunity....