We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, driven Employment Mentor to come and join a fast paced, employment support team in Newport.
As an Employment Mentor will provide intensive one to one mentoring to participants to help them identify and take practical steps to overcome barriers preventing them taking up identified training and employment. You will support a caseload of participants identified as being eligible to receive services under the programme, developing and implementing their action plans, addressing barriers to employment, developing employability skills and securing employment whilst actively promoting the services of the programme to a wide range of stakeholders. You will empower, motivate and support participants to move into and, most importantly, sustain employment, as well as supporting participants to progress whilst in work.
- To manage the recruitment, retention, training and development of participants, building positive relationships and developing effective processes to identify and overcome barriers as a pathway to employment as set out in the relevant guidance.
- To have individual responsibility for mentoring a caseload of participants, using a positive, enabling and collaborative approach.
- To use a variety of techniques, including effective diagnosis, individual coaching and personal support to maximise the number of programme participants securing and sustaining employment.
- To work with key stakeholders, service delivery partners, statutory and non-statutory organisations in order to promote the support available through the programme and generate referrals.
- To work closely with stakeholders such as Families First, Flying Start and supporting people in order to provide an effective referral pathway and support participants in order to provide a continuum of support and progression route towards employment.
- To provide a flexible service, developing comprehensive support plans with participants, undertaking further assessments and regular reviews as appropriate in collaboration with additional early intervention programmes to maximise collective support available for participants in addressing wider barriers of employment.
- To create timely support and interventions for participants moving between the closely aligned Welsh Government anti Poverty programmes in order to identify the most appropriate service enabling the participant to make positive steps towards employment.
- To work closely with the Employer Liaison Officer to ensure they are able to keep participants in sustained employment providing help and advice as required by the employer.
- To provide information, advice and guidance regarding the support available from the programme to key stakeholders and participants
- To be involved in the Triage process, taking and making referrals and completing initial assessments.
- To identify alternative employment options for participants who require additional support in progression.
- To verify job outcomes through evidence or employer contact and to be responsible for ensuring all participants outcomes are recorded accurately.
- To maintain participants files and data (paper and database) to 100% accuracy at the first, and every subsequent instance of completion
- A driving licence is essential
- Experience in recruitment is desired
- Understanding the support needs of long term unemployed, economically inactive people, young people their families and single customers
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of employment and benefit issues and an understanding of welfare reform and the implications for participants
- Extensive experience of providing intensive employment focused mentoring to a caseload of participants
- Experience of exposure to client groups. These client groups may include benefit claimants, single parents, those with criminal records, protected characteristics, mental health groups, specific disabilities etc
- Understanding of performance management and monitoring processes
- Ability to prioritise workload and work on
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants, staff and stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrate to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- A creative and innovative approach to engagement
If you feel you are right for the role, apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....