Communities for Work Plus (CfW+), is a Welsh Government programme tackling poverty through sustainable employment providing intensive employment mentoring and support services for people aged 16+. The aim of improving motivation and confidence for individuals to consider long term employment opportunities.
- The Employment Placement Officer will be expected to develop effective and sustained working relationships with micro businesses, sole traders and other employers to secure appropriate work based training and employability opportunities for participants.
- You will identify employment opportunities for participants whilst actively promoting the services of the programme to a wide range of stakeholders. You will have responsibility for liaising with employers to source vacancies and opportunities as well as provide in-work support for participants.
- Have responsibility for identifying and establishing contacts with local employers through innovative outreach and marketing activities to promote the programme, its services and the benefits of recruiting its participants.
- Work collaboratively with other employer liaison functions both internally and externally to ensure a co-ordinated and strategic approach to developing and maintaining successful employer relations and opportunities for participants
- You will provide a flexible, high quality service, working in partnership with Communities for Work, and will be expected to work as part of an integrated team.
- A driving licence is essential
- Experience in recruitment is desired
- Understanding the support needs of long term unemployed, economically inactive people, young people their families and single customers
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of employment and benefit issues and an understanding of welfare reform and the implications for participants
- Extensive experience of providing intensive employment focused mentoring to a caseload of participants
- Experience of exposure to client groups. These client groups may include benefit claimants, single parents, those with criminal records, protected characteristics, mental health groups, specific disabilities etc
- Understanding of performance management and monitoring processes
- Ability to prioritise workload and work on
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants, staff and stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrate to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- A creative and innovative approach to engagement
If you feel you are right for the role, apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....