Are you looking for an exciting new challenge with one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines?
If so, then read on…
Employing over 300 people, our facility is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of large diesel engines which are used in Generator Sets for the Electric Power market. With a history stretching back 90 years, our applications are used as both Primary and Standby Generator power units in key facilities, infrastructures and buildings worldwide.
An ongoing position is available in our Hot Test team:
- Up to 25 days accrued holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Onsite parking and covered storage for motorbikes and bicycles.
- Electric vehicle charging points.
- Subsidised on-site Canteen.
- Shift pay where applicable.
- Full training and daily utilisation of a tried and tested Production System - including the use of state-of-the-art tooling and processes.
- Workwear provision after completion of the first 12 weeks.
- Opportunity for self-development regarding product, process and systems.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
Hours of work and salary:
- Starting at £11.25 - rising to £12.74 after 12 weeks!
- The current shift worked is Monday - Thursday - 07:45 AM - 16:30PM & Friday 07:45AM - 11:45AM - 37 Hour Week. This is one of several shift options used in the facility.
- Overtime available when required.
- Rigging/De-rigging engines to a test-cell
- Carrying out test procedures on engines according to standard work process
- Assembling parts and testing engines in a set time period 'Takt time'
- Prioritising Health and Safety by ensuring the use of correct PPE, following documented assembly practices and maintaining a 'See something, Say Something' approach.
- Ensuring that no defect is past forward, raising Quality issues in a timely fashion while fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Some manual lifting may be required.
- As a valued team member, you will be expected to work individually and as part of a team
- Previous assembly, test or mechanical analysis experience is preferred
- Experience with vehicle testing i.e. mot testing advantageous and diagnostic testing
- Motivation, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. The successful candidate will have the drive to achieve targets and take the customer's view.
- An understanding of safe working practices - adhering to Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail and a desire to solve problems.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexibility to work various shift patterns
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please click apply today!