- To undertake all duties pertinent to the administration, inspection, investigation and enforcement of relevant food safety and infectious disease legislation and national codes of practice, local service plans and Council policy.
- To give advice and assistance to Councillors, Responsible Authorities, businesses and their agents and residents in matters related to environmental health in general and food safety law / infectious disease law in particular.
- To undertake inspections of premises under the terms of relevant legislation to ensure compliance with the legal requirements in accordance with National standards and local Council and Departmental policy. The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as necessary to undertake inspections.
- To investigate relevant service requests in accordance with Divisional procedures and ensure that remedial action is undertaken. The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as necessary to undertake investigations.
- Provide advice on food safety and policy to Councillors, responsible authorities, businesses and their agents and residents.
- Prepare and sign licences/ registrations, correspondence and statutory notices within delegated responsibilities or pass to the Food Safety Manager / Head of Service for signature.
- Prepare cases for legal proceedings in consultation with the Food Safety Manager/ Head of Service and Legal Team.
- Wide working knowledge of current Environmental Health legislation, especially food safety and infectious disease law and associated technical subjects.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Environmental Health database software.
- Good working knowledge of legislation and practices associated with the provision of an environmental health service
- Experience of working within a local authority would be an advantage
- Working in a local authority food safety team as a fully qualified and authorised food safety officer
Please Apply with your CV attached.
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business....