Environmental Test Engineer
Are you a highly experienced or Environmental Test Engineer who is passionate about making a difference in a small team? Do you have the drive to make a difference? Are you looking for a new position to work within a manufacturing facility? Do you have a great eye for detail? If so then this might be the job for you. We require an excellent Senior Environmental Test Engineer and a Environmental Test Engineer to join one of the UK's leading defence manufacturing businesses. This is on a permanent basis located in Hillingdon.
The role holder is responsible for producing detailed, precise and technical documentation to describe the test procedure to be enacted, criteria against which success shall be measured and requirements being met. Generating through test, data analysis or a combination of the two, credible and substantive evidence to demonstrate compliance with the environmental requirements of customer specifications. Producing detailed, precise and technical test reports to present the results, analysis and technical discussion in order to obtain customer approval. Providing technical support for queries raised both internally by ET colleagues as well as externally by internal and external customers
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct and supervise product testing.
- Evaluate post test data, through reduction analysis and interpretation of instrumentation data and develop analysis tools.
- Preparation of Test Procedure, plans and schedules to include test facility selection and oversight, test design and fixture development
- Prepare and issue Test Reports for review and approval by customer(s) both internal and external
- Assist in the development of test progammes in order to satisfy programme and customer requirements
- Provide guidance and support to junior test engineers on issues of test conduct, results interpretation and fault investigations. - Conduct detailed analysis of any failure encountered during Test.
- Advise internal and external customers/suppliers/partners etc on Test queries.
- Provide advice to customers, government authorities (US Government, MOD etc.) and suppliers on technical matters related to Testing.
- Attention to Detail - thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results
- sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Judgement and decision making
- evaluates key decision making criteria.
- Planning and organising
- organises work of self and contributes to the planning for the department
- Analysis and problem solving
- sees basic relationships and reacts positively
- Working collaboratively
- actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives SPECIFIC/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Sound grounding in Health and Safety relating to test environment.
- In depth knowledge of Test and Measurement Instrumentation.
Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of Vibration and Climatic test techniques and systems.
- Extensive data analysis skills. - Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint tools.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.