My client, a leading multidisciplinary railway infrastructure contractor is looking for an experienced and dedicated individual to join their team in the capacity of an E&P Design Engineer.
As a Design Engineer you will take ownership for the development and completion of E&P designs. Acting as CRE for the discipline of E&P, you will be responsible for the design engineering budget for your works and ensure that margins are maintained.
- You will liaise with the project manager to ensure that project changes are identified and that the impact is addressed.
- Attend all necessary engineering meetings both internally and with the client for allocated projects.
- Undertaking electrical surveys of sites as required and proposing likely works to the wider construction team for discussion and agreement.
- Conducting outline design and detailing of rail electrical infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery. Produce details specifications and calculations for power upgrades, lighting schemes, earthing schemes & point heating etc.
- Have a good working knowledge of BS7671 in a design environment
- Liaising with AutoCAD technicians in the production of drawings.
- Producing accurate designers risk assessments using a wide variety of forms.
- Submission of quality design documents, collating the key components as appropriate for inclusion.
- Prepare E&P information as required in support of business bid activities.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Good working knowledge and previous experience of industry standard software packages (AutoCAD, Microstation ,AMTEC, Microsoft)
- IT literate - Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, MicroStation J.
- 650v Signalling Power distribution experience
- Be familiar with NR GRIP process
- Excellent knowledge of aspects of E&P engineering as applied to railway infrastructure projects.
- An understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway E&P projects.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.