My client, a Tier 1 contractor in the Midlands, are looking to appoint a freelance estimator to work on tenders in the Midlands.
- Relevant experience of tendering cladding projects
- New build
- Replacement of cladding
Prepare a B of Quantities from drawings.
- A good understanding of the following:-
- Technical details
- Interfaces of materials
- Basic understanding of building regulations and u-values ( IE the build up of walls to comply with building regulations)
- Understanding of sequence of installation
- Familiar with current rates for the following:-
- K-render and Wheby Redner Systems, including all components required for the system (Trims/Beams/movement joints ETC)
- Aluminium trims, cills, cappings ETC
- Spandrel panels
- Cladding support brackets/rail systems
- Tyvek/non combustible materials
- Concrete panel board
- SFS Rates
- Removal and reinstall window rates
- Scaffolding /hoists/mast climbers
- Site cabin set up rates
- Fire stopping ( vertical/horizontal/sider rise
- Steel spraying with intumescent paint
- Disposal rates of insulation
- Rates on Velfac windows
- Access to subcontractor data base to allow for accurate pricing
- Work with planner, project manager to provide a comprehensive tender package, including
- Request for information
- Meeting tender return dates
- Sharing information with tender team
- Regular meetings to review packages.
- Ensure that there are no scope gaps
- Analyse areas where there is potential for claims from subcontractors- Close out where possible
- Value engineering options
- Assist with design responsibilities matrix
- Understanding of EWS 1 requirements ( IE removal of combustible cladding and materials and replacement with non-combustible)
Please apply below and get in touch with Heather Duncan in the Birmingham Branch for more information - 07535144549
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.